7.02.2009

Mental Vacation

I'm guessing we've all taken the time to enjoy Mark's sentimental ode to Rigby, but I think it is time for something new to grace our blog.
Unfortunately, my brain seems to have taken a vacation (it's the only part of me that gets to go) and I have no energy or wittiness to write something. I don't think it's very often that I am at a loss of words, and there has certainly been a lot of happenings since we left for Idaho. I would love to offer my thoughts on Michael Jackson passing, but I think it's a little too late. I will say that I was shocked, saddened and a little disappointed at the amount of jokes and inappropriate comments made far and wide about the man. Yes his past was not perfect. No we don't know specifics, but the man died, he has 3 children and a family, he was probably the greatest artist to influence popular music today, have some respect. Thriller was 1 of the first 2 albums (yes albums) I ever owned. I still have them. I don't think anyone will ever top him at his highest, he will be missed. Moving on.
Perhaps over the weekend I will mull over my thoughts and get back to my overblown dream of becoming famous in the world of blogospheres.
Until then, belated Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian fans and early Happy 4th to all of my American fans. Canada, next year I will be back to enjoy all that Canada Day goodness...it's been far too long since I was home to celebrate. So to compensate, T and I are hitting the outlets tomorrow...nothing like discount shopping to perk a gal up!

No comments: