6.03.2009

Crazy People

  • Total Recall
  • Footloose
  • Flight of the Navigator
  • Tron
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Fame

What's the common thread? All movies from the 80's that were loved then, and many still loved now. So why in the world people feel the need to remake ALL of them is beyond me. Seriously we need to remake Footloose? What was wrong with it...nothing!
I know I have rambled on before on this topic, but every time I hear a new remake in the works I just shake my head. I guess the movie folks have not stumbled upon my blog ranting yet. So until then, a-rambling I will go!!

Now, not everyone will admit to loving any or all of these movies, but can't these Hollywood folk remake the movies that bombed instead of the good ones? I mean there are plenty of crappy movies that might have been good if there had been better special effects etc., so why not tackle those instead of the "classics"? I mean Footloose will never be Footloose without Kevin Bacon and Chris Penn. Just like Hairspray is not Hairspray without Ricki Lake and Divine. I have not watched the new Hairspray (and will not) and there is no way I will watch a Footloose remake.
Next thing you know they'll be remaking E.T.
Come on folks, let's get some new ideas...or some old bad ones and work our magic with those instead!

No comments: