5.24.2009

I'm a Loser Baby...

So, is it true that if you put something in writing for the whole world to see, you have to follow through with that thing?
Let's see if it is true.
Starting tomorrow it's good eating habits and regular exercise. None of this mainly good eating habits and sporadic (of late) exercise.
I'd love to drop 10 pounds by mid-July, and another 10 by September. Is 20 pounds in 4 months doable? I mean I'm not on the Biggest Loser campus or anything, but I think it can be done without depriving myself of an occasional ice cream or extra serving of pasta (it is whole wheat noodles!)...I guess time will tell.
I'm also trying to rope Mark into this, we will see if he fights or comes along for the ride.
Luckily I think all of the treats are out of the house (except for a handful of chocolate chips which may meet their demise tonight). Now if I can just stay away from the chips and goodies at the BBQ tomorrow....I think I can I think I can I think I can.
Getting to the gym will be the hardest with mark's work schedule and no child drop off at my gym, but we'll make it work.
Here's to letting the world in on my plans, perhaps wioth a few prods and inquiries every week or so, it will make me stick with it and actually get it done. You'd think just the hint of shopping for a new wardrobe would have given me all the motivation in the world, wouldn't you??
So here's to Me (and Mark)!!

2 comments:

Ming said...

Good luck! Jeff and I have been doing this for the past couple of months and it's true what they say. Eating right and working out really does work. We've both lost over 10 pounds and feel great. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Mindi said...

Wow, wish we were closer... I'd jump on board with you! Not that I have to be close to do this too... we could just do trades more easily. :) Good luck. As soon as the dust settles around here, I'll be following suit.