4.22.2007

Maiden Blog



Hello Bloggers and Blog readers!
We decided to join the blogging community, and bore everyone with the painful dullness that is our lives! Just kidding! Well, only sort of... today we actually have some fun and exciting news. We are moving out of New York City! It is very exciting, and we are looking forward to what will come next. This weekend Mark is leaving for Minneapolis and starts his new job on the 30th. I am staying in NY until May 21st or so and will be working until then. We've been in NYC for 3 years now, which is about how long we intended to stay, so it has worked out well... just very quickly. We have lots to do, but it will be fun to buy a car and find a new apartment (and eventually a house of our own!!). Minneapolis is a nice city, very liveable and friendly, and it really has so much to offer. We look forward to exploring it and the area around it; Mark will finally be able to put his fishing stuff back to use. The city has so many parks and outdoor things that there will be plenty to keep us busy this summer. I know everyone can't believe we would be excited to go somewhere so cold in the winter, but how much fun will Christmas be with snow? I don't mind the cold, and even with it, Minneapolis is a city of skywalks, so you never have to go outside while you are downtown! It will be an exciting time for us... bring on the cold! :o) And the Mall of Americ of course, it's no West Edmonton Mall, but we will take what we can get!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Mel-

My monday totally rocks because you and Mark are bloggers- :-) No really I am excited that you are a blogger so we can keep in touch since you are ditching us all soon.... Have a great day.

Alicia said...

How fun that you have a blog! This is great, and somehow you actually peaked my interest... I seriously want to visit Minneapolis someday! Anyway, I'm a nerd, I know... I'm so excited for you both and can't wait to be updated on your fun adventures - although Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day will never be the same without the Smiths!

Sheena Larkin said...

I'm sad that we just met and now your leaving, but I guess its okay because now I can spy on you through your blog. I don't think your crazy, I like the cold and would kill for a white Christmas.

Erin said...

How fun that you started a blog! It's the perfect way for everyone to keep in touch! So your leaving the craft group behind huh? What are they ever going to do with out you?! :)

Suzi said...

You guys are moving?!!! What the heck? BOOOOOO for moving out of NYC, but it really sounds like great things are ahead. I am so excited that you have a blog (I found it from Jen's blog) and now we can stay in better touch. Congrats on the move!

Suzi

Jen Richards said...

Mel!! I am sad that you are leaving, but I know you could not be happier! I hope you and Mark LOVE Minneapolis. I have never been there so I will have to come visit you someday. Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

constabulary iewebsite loosing meals accessible legitimately seizing idma dropped captain budgetary
lolikneri havaqatsu