12.04.2008

Calling All Exercisers

So the unthinkable has happened...I have gone back to the gym. I know, I know, it's only been two days, but it's been two days in a row! This news won't solve any economic crisis or create world peace, but small steps kids, small steps.
Now this is where I need your help. In making the decision to get back on the exercise track, I have discovered that when shuffle is chosen on the ipod most of the songs seem to belong to Mark and we all know Mark and I have nothing in common when it comes to music, except maybe Kelly Clarkson. So most of my work out time is spent fast forwarding through his tunes to try to find some of mine. While I love my tunes, not all of them lend themselves to keeping the motivation up, so I need your help to put together a good gym mix. What are your faves?
Just one thing to keep in mind... I have music ADD like no one else. Even on songs I love, if I can get through 2/3 of a song, it's either a fabulous song, or I haven't heard it in forever (like Young MC's Bust A Move) but usually I will fast forward to a new song or turn to a different channel on the radio.
So give me some rocking, beat blasting, mind focusing tunes!!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry- I got nothin...I watch tv at the gym when I'm not in spin class (they provide some pretty rockin music for you there)I don't even own an iPod. Sorry. Good luck!

Krista said...

p.s. I forgot to say good job at getting back to the gym. And during the holidays, no less! What a woman!

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend the Hamster Dance. I like to turn it on when Mary is exercising. It's really quite entertaining. I almost feel like I'm losing weight watching her move to the beat. It goes particularly well with Taibo.

Kyndra said...

I don't know how embarrassed I should be to say this, but I love Tubthumping from Chumbawumba, Wannabe from Spice Girls, and Gonna Make You Sweat from C&C Music Factory.

But in my experience I can workout almost twice as long on a cardio machine if I am watching a tv show.

Shana Dee said...

I did a post like this check my archives. I liked most of the stuff on there. When I work out, I like stinky boy weight room music like AC DC, Metallic, Rob Zombie, etc. I also like #44, Linkin Park, New Found Glory, Saves the Day, Ben Folds 5, Brick and Lace, Rihanna, and stuff I don't listen to in my car.

Good Luck!!