Regardless, I have pondered some things this last week...maybe you guys can help me out with them, or tell me if you ponder them too.
- What do the lyrics to Mika's "Big Girls" song mean? And why are there only 4 or 5 lines repeated over and over and over and over again? It's a catchy beat and I find myself bopping along, but I am always thinking about where the butterfly lounge is and why I need to get myself there.
- Do radio stations really only have 6 sings they play on a repetitive loop day after day after day? I am convinced it is true, and those songs are: Mika "Big Girls", Rhianna's "Shut Up and Drive", Fergie's "Clumsy", One Republic/Timbaland's "Apologize", State of Shock's "Money Honey" and Finger Eleven's "I'll Keep Your Memory Vague". Well those are the ones I hear on the station I listen to at work. It makes me feel like groundhog day when I get there and I hear the same song first thing every morning!
- Why does the media make such a hoopla when a "Celeb" announces she is pregnant? Ok, I can see the muzz when it is Britney's 16 year old sister, but anyone else..? Yay, Nicole Kidman is pregnant! There were no cameras, flashing lights, paparazzi hounding me looking for that ever telling "baby bump". No one put me on ET. Perhaps the media only thinks famous people have babies and that it is a relatively new phenomenon...?
- Do people really care if Scott Baio is single, married, fertile...?
- Why does Vh1 think I want to watch Brett Michaels and a bunch of (insert your choice of unsuitable word here) women try to find "true love"? Did they forget it is Brett Michaels (ew), and that they are on Vh1??
- When will this writers strike end? Will I get to see the back 8 of season 4 of LOST? (By the way...season 4 premier is Thursday January 31st.)
- Will Idol suck this year as badly as it did last year? Will you be watching?
- Just exactly how many calories are in a Costco croissant?
- Who invented Sudoku and can they solve the fiendishly hard puzzles?
- Why is a remake of The A-Team being made? Not to mention a remake of Knight Rider ...do we need either of them? Why not bring back Jem and the Holograms!? That would be awesome.
- Is a Miley Cyrus concert ticket really worth mulitple thousands of dollars?
- How has celeb gossip overtaken world events/issues as what is headline worthy? Do I really care if Katherine Heigl is consulting with a landscaper for her front yard? Apparently Entertainment Tonight thinks so.
- Will the politics of politics ever cease?
- Who will win TAR next week? I sure hope it's TK and Rachel.
- What is going to go down on Season 4 of LOST? (This really occupies a lot of my daily brain activity)
OK, so that's a little bit of the issues I have been muddling with this week (numbers 1,2,3,5,6,14 and 15 taking up a little more time that some of the others). Of course sometimes my brain drifts on to more important subjects like how long it has been since I bought myself a new pair of fanTAStic shoes.
I'm really not such an airheaded girl, even if this post/blog makes me seem that way. I'll debate anyone on the topics of the day until one of us is blue in the face (unless it has to do with finance, then I will probably just curl up and take a nap while you ramble on). Maybe I should start an uber serious blog about "Mel's Issues" and go off on all I think it wrong in this world...but that would require a lot of effort, and thought and maybe even footnotes, and well who wants footnotes on a blog?? So until then, I will stick with my random, craptainment filled (featuring spurts of intelligence and insightfullness) blog that is this. Oh, and I will try to keep Mark's belly shots to a minimum, but sometimes he just can't be stopped.
And one last question ...why are my blogs always SO long?