10.29.2007

Let there be ART!

So it's been a little longer between blogs than there usually is...is it possible to have lost the will to blog.... ?

Here's the lowdown on the slowdown of the past few weeks.

We've never been people to move into a place and get things up on the wall rather quickly, the one exception being the penguin calendar. So it's no surprise that up until this weekend, the only things hanging on our walls were the calendar and the towel racks in the bathroom.
That's all changed now though!! The house walls have been adorned. We hung up 6 pictures on Friday! Joann's had a great sale on framing last month, so we decided to go check out their prices. Mark has a print that is very oversized and every time we went to have it framed the price was always way out of our budget. However, with this sale we were able to get 5 pictures framed for the same or less than the one picture of Mark's - so we decided to go for it!! Thankfully we loved the way all of them turned out, and I must say, it is nice to finally have some things on the wall, just to make your place feel a little more "yours". We still need to get some family pictures and odds and ends put up, but we have the foyer, living room, kitchen and hallway taken care of for now.


























This past weekend we decided to take a drive and explore some of scenic Minnesota (and Wisconsin!). While we were a week or two late to see the leaves in all of their colour changing glory, there were still some beautiful reds and yellows to be seen and we stopped in a nice little city called Stillwater - cute little stores and restaurants (of which I took no pictures naturally). We ate a picnic lunch and had some ice cream. The weather was perfect for a scenic drive!





Other than hanging art on the walls, life is pretty slow. Which isn't always bad!

I guess one newsworthy tidbit is that we are looking forward to our trip in a few weeks! We are heading to Florida so Mark can partake in the NASCAR experience again (you'll never find me in attendance) and then we are off to the Caribbean for a 5 night cruise. We're very excited for the vacation. It's the first cruise for both of us, so we will see if we'll de-board the ship being converted cruisers, or tried and true traditional vacationers!! Either way it will be nice to have some time off work, visit with some family and see some new places!









Hopefully we'll have some more exciting weeks, or at least something will tick me off enough to blog about (it's either that or Mark gets back on here and blogs about baseball, bodily parts/functions, and other things that are better left in his brain)! Any one have any blog topics they want me to discuss to keep Mark away from the blog? :o)
I'll try to make next time more exciting!!

7 comments:

Ala Family said...

You're tagged! Go to our blog to see the rules.

Have a great time on your cruise and Nascar!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys!

o charm said...

the art is nice, where'd you get your prints? is that romeo and juliet? and have a great time on the cruise! the only way to see the carribean.

Erin said...

I hear ya! I have lost the will to blog many times. The only thing keeping me going is my family yelling at me if I try to stop..

Love the art! I'm glad I'm not the only one who procrastinates that type of stuff.

We went on a cruise once. It was a fun time, but I think we are more traditionals. I will be interested to hear what you think.

Melissa said...

Cruises are great! You will like it. How exciting.
The scenic drive sounded so...scenic. The pics are beautiful and I love that you spell color with a u you little Canadian.
The art looks great. Go JoAnns!

Erin said...

This is plenty exciting! A cruise will be fun for you, and I'm jealous that you get to go ANYWHERE!!! Take lots of pictures!

Suzi said...

You will love the cruise-I am jealous! The house looks great!